5:13 AM
I opened my eyes, this is what I saw. Last night I worked on this piece, it's not named yet, but I have a fairly good idea of what I'm going to title it. It's far from done. Before I go to bed I usually place the painting that I'm currently working on, on a small dresser adjacent to my bed. This allows me to study it further. A piece in progress can sit for a month or longer until I know what the next stroke will be. I love waking early to stare at it, thinking all the time what I might change. The light comes in and hits it at different points, it's like a dance. Shadows bouncing. This morning was different. I don't know why. Maybe something to do with the sun's movement, the way the goldish stream was hitting her shoulder. It struck me. I hopped out of bed, ran for my camera hoping the sun wouldn't change anything my eyes were seeing. I'm hesitant to work on this piece now. Maybe it's done. I'm not sure. It will take some more 'staring' to let me know.
If you're wondering, the answer is no. I don't have window treatments such as drapes, levolars or anything else in my bedroom. I'm not concerned about privacy... the house is in a very private location with the bedrooms located so high up that even if someone was on the property they wouldn't be able to see in. There's something inside me that cannot fathom closing out the ever changing elements, the canvas of nature. I like to think I've seen it all, but that would be a pure deception to my soul...storms, squalls, heaven sent snow, horrific north winds blowing the majestic trees. Did I say rain? From soft to heavy, light to full, hail to fury....and more to come. Just think. If I had window coverings, this morning would have been uneventful.
Then I began to play with the morning shadows putting it on a slant, added my purse too.
Cropped & Close up. I like it. Do you see the shadow of the lamp? Idea triggered! I'm wondering if I should paint that onto the canvas now. I like the peculiarity that's added to the painting. Ideas are born in the early morning hours.

2 comments:
i love the painting, the colours are muted perfectly.
awww, thank you, but it's changed again. Last night I worked on it a little bit and realized after that I should have left it alone. :(
Post a Comment