Thursday, October 1, 2009

Whispering Conversations





I came across this image this morning and it invoked a certain feeling that lingered with me all day. I instantly felt there was something distinct about it. It reminded me of a time I journeyed through Italy. It is light. It is dark. It's notable both for the austerity and darkness of mood. I love that the rooms upstairs are in darkness. It creates a feeling of vacancy. Peaceful. It's quiet upstairs - maybe someone is sleeping. The only life seeming to appear is downstairs where the lights are on. I can hear whispering conversations. I wonder if the bikes outside belong to visitors or not. The courtyard is still. Does the light come from a full moon or is there a nearby lamp-post? It's stunning!






Jason Persun is a gifted photographer who is no stranger to the Stone Parliament of Art. His work has been featured here before. View more of his work HERE .

Photo: Jason Persun 4 Season-Adventure
Captured in Malmo Sweden while on a work assignment.
Used With Permission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done!