Wednesday, January 20, 2010

News With Heartfelt Reservation.

I am writing this post with reservation. Our family can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Fr. Joseph has been located but many families have still not heard about their loved ones that are still missing or they are dealing with the aftermath of injuries - mentally and physcially. Our thoughts, prayers and continued support goes out to them.

The following is an email from a cousin.

"via a third party report - my cousin heard from my aunt yesterday and confirmed he's ok (out of water when they last spoke to him) and that the seminary was still standing (he built it, so he must have done it right!) - he's in Croix des Bouquet, which is outside of Port au Prince - but my worry is that hungry people might come to the compound. I feel better knowing that his brother/sister are on their way - they've volunteered there many times before and know where to go. I wish I was down there - I know it sounds crazy, but it feels awful seeing all that chaos and being helpless to lend a hand. I will keep you posted on any more news as I get it."

Theres'a a feeling of helplessness among many at this time of need and all we can do is donate money and pray for the people of Haiti. Many of us wish we could go and help 'hand's on' but our desires are not always possible. With the turmoil that exists I hope for more controlled security so people can receive the food, water and help that they so desperately need.


Interesting fact: Croix-des-Bouquets is a city in the Ouest Department of Haiti. It is located 12.9 kilometers (8 miles) to the northeast of Haiti's capital city, Port-au-Prince. Originally located on the shore, it was relocated inland after the 1770 Port-au-Prince earthquake.


We've done a little research and found beautiful art work from Croix-des-Bouquets. FIRE IRON
ART. You may like to check it out HERE. Slide show seen HERE.

The site has this notice on it:
Haitian Relief Notice!
Effective immediately proceeds from all BRANDAID Project sales will be used to support Haitian relief efforts
!




"when we saw the contrast of the stunning art and the stark poverty in Haiti, we just had to get involved" -Josh Brolin and Diane Lane, Patrons of BRANDAID Project's first Collection - Croix des Bouquets. BRANDAID Project.

No comments: