Friday, March 26, 2010

Her White Robe

Shadows & Light
Black & White

When you're taking photos try out different lighting effects. Look the way the sun is shining on an object, move the camera at different angles and observe the sublte changes. This time of year as the sun is changing, there are greater opportunities inside as well as out. I've been experimenting in the house as the sun creates different shadows than through the winter months. I've also been more aware of reflective surfaces such as glass over a picture, granite counter tops, a tea kettle or even the mirror of the water faucet.

The photo below is a champagne coloured robe hung over a picture. I liked the way the light bounced off of the silk and the glass. Use your imagination and start thinking about shadows and reflection.


White Robe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I experimented changing the angle of the cam and couldn't believe the diff it makes.Some shots didn't turn out at all.All glare! lol I'm going to pay more att.to reflective surfaces and see what comes out.