Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peculiar Practices


What is a peculiar practice? Before answering that question let's take a peak at the meaning of the word peculiar. Better yet, let's list a few synonyms.
  • abnormal
  • bent
  • creepy
  • eccentric
  • freaky
  • outlandish
  • uncomforming
  • wacky
  • distinct
  • idiosyncratic
  • atypical
  • psycho
  • aberrant
  • screwy
  • bugged out
  • discriminating
  • quixotic
  • ludirous
There are so many synonyms depending on which way you're using the word so I picked out the ones that I liked. You can find the entire bunch here.

Well it's no secret that I'm a fan of Leon Rooke and today my friend Lloyd Longfield sent a tweet message that Rooke's art exhibit "Peculiar Practices" will be at the Bookshelf's e-Bar running from September 6th to the 20th. This is exciting!!! If you're at all familiar with Rooke, the character that he is, then you'll not want to miss this exhibit! I can't wait! It's going to be...hmmm, shall we say?? Peculiar? yes, I think that IS the word.
Image:Rooke in Portugal, 10097 (http://www.leonrooke.com/WebBase/frametop.htm)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a peculiar looking pic, but that's ROOKE!
Won't miss this one.Thanks for posting.

FRANCESCA said...

He sure has his own style!