Monday, September 7, 2009

This time I sat alone.

Searching for something you've lost? Growing up Italian/Catholic, the moment something went amiss you were required immediately to say a prayer to St.Antonio who is especially invoked for the recovery of lost things. This guy could find car keys, tennis balls, sunglasses. But what about a tree? Not just any tree, a broken tree. The need to escape to the country had been summoning my spirit all week. Wasn't sure where the tree was but had an inkling of the area remembering a single dirt road that led to a secluded area. With vegetation thick I thought it would be next to impossible to locate. You see, I always came here in the fall or the begninning of winter when things were bare. I found it in the thick of a wooded area not far from the top of the hill, I captured some shots, sat silently on a stump allowing my thoughts to wander to the days when a friend and I hiked this area. This time I was alone.












* Photos captured Sunday, September 6, 2009
** Yes, the sky was that blue. It was one of the best days we've had all summer.

No comments: