Forty early mornings
Will do for your growing awareness
Jelaluddin Rumi

This is truly beautiful and I wanted to share it with the readers of The Stone Parliament because it is my feeling that 'to meditate' is an ART. Meditating takes commitment and practice which nourishes ones spirit, feeds the soul and brings inner peace. All of these can be applied to the musician, the artist and the dancer. Ask any one of them, I'm sure they'll agree. Commitment. Practice. Nourish. Peace.
This morning I received a warm email from a friend inviting me to participate in "Winter Feast For The Soul." It's a 40 day spiritual practice. Can you commit to 40 minutes of meditation and practice for 40 days? Winter Feast opens the door for you to experience the personal peace that is grounded in daily practice. Last year over 10,000 people from over 29 countries joined in this commitment.
I'm planning to commit. Instead of the required 40 minutes each morning for 40 days, I'm dedicating one full hour each morning. Since I already practice 30 minutes each morning I need to challeng myself a little further. If you're interested in finding out more I invite you to click HERE.
Please enlarge the posters to read.
A Forty Day World Spiritual Practice Period For All Faiths.
January 15 – February 23, 2010
January 15 – February 23, 2010
The mission of A Winter Feast for the Soul is to support individuals around the world in making a commitment to daily spiritual practice for forty days. A life grounded in daily practice is one that knows inner peace. It is that peace which translates into peace throughout our lives and ultimately to peace and healing for our planet. We know that it only takes a few committed individuals to change the world. We are here to do that. For further information visit the site. This is a wonderful experience and a peaceful way to bring forth the new year.
**Thank you Nancy G!!!
**Top Image:
HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment