Monday, April 12, 2010

We are under ART SUPPLIES of Toronto's Map Guide!

We are "WOW'ed" and want to share some good news with you! Do you remember when we mentioned we were short listed for the Schmap map? And this is NOT about the photo. It is about WHERE the Schmap map editors PUT the photo! After all, we are an ART blog!

Approximately four years ago I was writing about the "principles of photography", encouraging my readers of the Art Parliament to take a more serious look at photography. At the time, I was studying photography as an 'art' as well as painting oil and acrylic on canvas. Then I decided to venture more into photography for a period of time. I became a sponge for knowledge... the best part of studying photography for me, was sharing what I was learning along with the guidelines with all of you. Some of you took it so far as to go out and buy a better camera. You absorbed the lessons learned here on the 'Stone Parliament of Art' and carried them with you when you travelled abroad. You took into consideration the different angles, the positioning of the camera that I wrote about...sent me your fantastic pictures that you created saying that you may not have taken them had you not been following and reading this blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your photos and your generous kind words. It meant more to me than you know. I learned a lot from you too! When I'm out in the field clicking, the principles of composition always echo in the back of my mind. Sometimes I shoot a fairly good photo and other times, not great at all, but that's the way we learn. We don't make mistakes, we gain experience and knowledge so Keep Clicking! 

Now  I will SHARE this 'map thing' with YOU! YES!   We are celebrating this. It's NOT about the picture! Who would have thought that a photo of an Italian supermarket would be placed under ART SUPPLIES! So, it's about where they decided to PUT the picture.... under ART SUPPLIES !

( 1 Avenue Road is a very artsy area of Toronto and Pusateri's a landmark so it's no wonder they chose this photo to 'mark' the map. It's a great feeling to know we're located two up from Sotheby's ~ Thank you editors!


We've included:

1. The photo of Pusateri's ~ 1 Avenue Road, Toronto Ontario, Canada.
2. Photo showing our photo under ART SUPPLIES in the map book.
3. Letter of Inclusion of the photo from Emma Williams, Managing Editor, Schmap Guides.





The LETTER:


From: Emma J. Williams Emma Williams
Subject: Schmap Toronto Eleventh Edition: Photo Inclusion

Hi Francesca,

I am delighted to let you know that your submitted photo has been selected for inclusion in the newly released eleventh edition of our Schmap Toronto Guide:Avenue Road

www.schmap.com/toronto/shopping_artsupplies/p=362412/i=362412_1.jpg

If you use an iPhone or iPod touch, then this same link will take you directly to your photo in the iPhone version of our guide. On a desktop computer, you can still see exactly how your photo is displayed and credited in the iPhone version of our guide at:Avenue Road

www.schmap.com/?m=iphone#uid=toronto&sid=shopping_artsupplies&p=362412&i=362412_1

Thanks so much for letting us include your photo - please enjoy the guide!

Best regards,
Emma Williams,Managing Editor, Schmap Guides

Emma Williams
Managing Editor
Schmap, Inc.
605 West Main St.Suite 109Carrboro, NC 27510
http://www.schmap.com/






Pusateri's ~ Avenue Road, Toronto

4 comments:

Mathieu said...

Congratulations on the "Map Thing".

;-)

FRANCESCA said...

Thank you very much Mathieu! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice.Congrats!
Thx for sharing.
Cool too, the ART page! :)

FRANCESCA said...

That's the neat thing about it, it's under ART stuff! :) we got very hyper about it lol, can you telll? :)